Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day Trip to the Middle of Nowhere

While out in Washington we took a day trip to the middle of nowhere. Before we left my brother, Eric, assured us we were heading to a waterfall and that he know where he was going. I guess when you are driving to the middle of nowhere there aren't very many roads to get lost on.


We were just driving through the desert, minding our own business, and this giant waterfall just up and came out of nowhere. 



We had to go and get a closer look. So down the trail we went.








I made sure to get up close and personal with the edge, to ensure optimal viewing. Jake got just as close as I did, but pretty much flipped when I went near the edge.



I took this picture to show my Mom.


But really, this was the scariest part of the walk. I wasn't difficult terrain or anything, just one little trip and off the side you go.



We took a short cut out. It made us feel very 127 hours-esque, with the exception of us keeping our arms and it only taking us about 10 minutes.


We ended up on the wrong side of the fence and had to jump it. What rebels we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment