Saturday, December 3, 2011

Halls: Decked

Yesterday we made our yearly trip to Menard's to pick out our Christmas tree.
I will spare you the dramatic saga that lead us to Menard's three years ago. I'll just say it involved tears after visiting a grocery parking lot tree store, several heated "We are spending $85 on a tree!"
"I'm just going to buy it when you are at work and then we won't be able to return it"
and then more tears. 

Then we discovered Menard's where you can buy a very fancy Noble Fir for $29 or a lowly Scotch pine for around $11. They are true to their moto!
"Save BIG money at Menard's!"

Jake does the manly things like carry it up the stairs, settle it in the stand, and cut the twine. 

How cute is he? I mean really?!

I do the lady things like put on the lights and ornaments.


It might seem like a cute coincidence that we are both wearing flannel shirts. It's not. It was Jake's idea. 
In fact, he made sure I took several pictures of "[him] with the tree in [his] flannel shirt and manly gloves." 


We both hate the star/snowflake tree topper, but it works until the day I find "the one". I don't know what it will look like, but I will know it when I see it. 


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment