Monday, October 31, 2011

Lesson Learned, Again.

Tonight I made dinner and tried two new recipes. 
One worked and one did not. 
Our oven cannot make bread. It is a lesson I have to relearn every time I try.
Our oven can make muffins, cookies, cakes, brownies, but definitely NOT bread.

If you try to bake bread in our oven, this is what you will get when you pull it out:


This is my epic fail attempt to make sweet potato bread.
Look how sad it is. It looks like a gross, lumpy, raw, blondie brownie.
The edible parts were actually really good (it is a vegan recipe so eating it a little raw was not potentially harmful). So, I'll modify the baking time for a muffin pan and try again.

On the other hand, the Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup I made turned out great. 
I got the recipe from Joy the Baker. If you are looking for a new soup recipe, you should give it a try.
Don't let the "Vegan" title scare you.

This weekend I saw a couple of great movies:
Win Win:  Starring Paul Giammati (need I say more) as a down on his luck lawyer, who through a series of bad decisions gets more involved in a clients family than he even though possible. 

Moneyball: I'm sure everyone has heard of this one, since it stars Brad Pitt. If you haven't seen it you should. You will learn more about baseball than you ever expected to, as well as a couple of life lessons.

Have you seen any movies worth mentioning lately? I love movie suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment