Monday, December 19, 2011

This is a new post, I promise

You know how you have to work? And how work is just work?
But then, have you had a day where you're like, "hey this isn't so bad? What a great day (or in my case, three days) I had at work. Work isn't just a life draining, time stealing, mind numbing endeavor where people toss trash in your general direction for hours on end.
 It can be fun and my coworkers can be fun too and we can all have a good time in Frankfurt together."

Can a picture get more German than this? 
Welcome to Frankfurt and Germany's beautiful Christmas markets


Well hello spindly Christmas tree. I love your white lights, and no one pulls off red bows like you do.  Thank you for your lovely long branches that act as  open arms, welcoming all to the market.


Warm food and drink. Check, Check.


These potato pancakes were amazing! I want to fly back and eat some more.


Crowds, but not too much that you can't walk around on your own free will. (Also, don't those trees to the right look like the Whomping Willow from Harry Potter? I stayed away from those babies.)



Lots of neat booths selling all kinds of festive pretties...

Beautiful handcrafted ornaments


and tasty goodies you can't say no to...

German's make a mean pretzel

...and some that you can. Mostly because I'm a vegetarian, not because a swinging grill of meat seemed at all odd. I'm glad everyone else was able to enjoy them though.


While at the market I fell in love with the German Christmas trees. They are so green and just imperfect enough to be perfect. At first they seem a bit scrawny, but I think that would show off your ornaments better.


I'll have to do some checking and figure out how to get my hands on one of these pretty little things next year.


Now I am in my typical post international haze. 
What time is it? 
Where am I? 
When was the last time I ate? 
or slept for more than 3 consecutive hours?
Should shower now? or later? (now)
How much concealer is too much for those under eye circles?

I'll get back to you on all that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's looks like you had an amazing time. This post pretty much put me in the mood for Christmas. I wish I could have tagged along.

    ReplyDelete