Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sweet

A passenger came onboard and gave us these special treats. What a nice guy! When I tried to thank him for being so thoughtful, he humbly said, "I just appreciate all the hard work you all do. So, thank you."

He was high up in United's milage status. So he travels a lot. Which means he sees a lot of us flight attendants. And he still brings us sweet treats! Maybe it's because we are just that great or because he thinks we need some sweet in us; if only in our bellies. (I have worked with and been, myself, both kinds.)

I am working lead this trip. That means I'm the boss and work up in first class, while the other two FA's work together in the back. One of the funniest parts of working up front is the visits from the FA's in the back.

One will come up. Grab a chocolate. Chat. Then talk about how annoying the other FA is. I "hm" and "what?!" in interest. Then she heads back to pick up trash.

The other will come up. Check for extra meals to snack on. Chat. Then talk about how annoying the other FA is. I "hm" and "what?!" in interest. Then she heads back to check seat belts.

Rinse and repeat.

Ah, work. It's a hilarious, and at times sweet, peek into the human condition and behavior.

It's the small things. If I didn't find it amusing, I would quite literally go crazy. Instead, I get to enjoy fancy chocolates while relaxing in my room.



No comments:

Post a Comment