Friday, November 18, 2011

A few things before the weekend

Target has $5 tights in a million different colors. So cute! I controlled myself to buying three pairs.
I'm wearing the new grey pair today. They are surprisingly nice tights, especially considering the price.


I'm not sure if the grey tights and brown shoes are a complete match, but I've made a decision and I'm sticking with it. I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that all neutrals go together, I'm clinging to that. I guess I'll find out how sure my logic is when Jake gets home. 


Check out these awesome new stamps!


I am so excited about these stamps. I bought two books of them. If you get an envelope with one of these stamps on it from me, you know that you are very special. 


Thursday night TV was pretty hilarious last night. Danielle and I were so happy (almost moved to tears) that Leslie and Ben (from Parks & Recreation) got back together. The guys from The League definitely crossed a line. When our mouths weren't gaping open in shock, we were laughing so hard (almost moved to tears). Most importantly, no one came through the door without me showing off my cool new stamps. Everyone was equally excited about them (as in, almost moved to tears).


I have never cooked with or (as far as I know) eaten Kale, until this week. I love it! It might have replaced spinach as my favorite green. Which is a good thing as I can't make spinach anymore because I burned Jake out on it. Sad face. 
I tried two new recipes featuring Kale this week: Kale and Sweet Potato Soup and Curly Kale Quiche With a Twist (the twist being that the curt is on top, and that it is vegan)
Both recipes are going into the (figurative) favorite folder. 
The fake quiche was such a hit that everyone (including a tofu hater [gasp]) went back for seconds.

To make your own Kale and Sweet Potato Soup you can get the recipe over at Joy the Baker.
The quiche recipe came from a book, so if you want that you will have to 
a) Buy Vegetarian Cooking by Jeanie Burke, R.D.
or
b) Ask me for it and I will send it to you.

Tomorrow we are heading to Michigan to check out Julia, Jake's sister, in her high school play! We are pretty excited about it. Anyone else have fun weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment